Pet Friendly Cannon Beach
Welcome to Cannon Beach, the canine Shangri-La of Oregon. A small coastal hamlet set along the pristine Oregon coastline, simplistically pet heaven. The Oregon Coast is 363 miles of rugged scenic shoreline with most beaches open to pets, however, Cannon Beach is the most pet-friendly town in Oregon.
There are endless reasons to bring your best friend to Cannon Beach. Generous local leash laws make it more fun for your pet, while leashes are not specifically required physical control must be maintained. There are endless stretches of beaches dotted with sticks and driftwood for your pet to fetch and chew on. Soft sands to play ball, refreshing ocean waters to frolic in, whale watching, kite flying, tide pooling and beachcombing, this is truly a pet’s paradise. So start planning your adventure with your furry friend today by browsing our selection of pet friendly vacation rentals.
Things to Do with Dogs in Cannon Beach
In addition to playing on the many area beaches, there are plenty of pet-friendly hiking trails and State Parks to also bring your pal to explore the beautiful Oregon Coast. And if you are here in October you're in for a treat, check out the Surfsand Dog Show where prizes are given for 'So Ugly You’re Cute' and mch more!
- Stroll along the shores from Tolovana Beach State Park to the famous Haystack Rock, one of the most photographed beach spots in the world, for a fun playtime and perfect photo opportunity.
- Drive through thick forests to Ecola State Park with 7-miles of dramatic trails overlooking private coves, deserted stretches of beach and the Tillamook Lighthouse. Dogs on leash are welcome on all trails. Here you can surf the waves of Indian Beach and explore the hidden coves of Crescent Beach.
- A short drive from Cannon Beach is The Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site. Here you can play on the beaches and explore the tidepool areas.
- Walk the original stagecoach trail and explore the caves at Hug Point State Recreation Site.
- Just south of Cannon Beach lies Oswald West State Park and Nehalem Bay State Park. Hike the trails and enjoy the picturesque mountain views.
- Attend the Surfsand Dog Show in October with fun events like Best Tail Wag and So Ugly You’re Cute! Another fun event is the Manzanita Muttzanita with mutt massages and a pet parade. Lots of fun for your pooch!
At the end of a fun day playing on the beach, head downtown, it's casual and friendly. Here you’ll find the most outdoor restaurant seating on the entire Oregon Coast and a nice selection of pet-friendly restaurants. Friendly shop and restaurant owners are known to surprise your pets with treats and a refreshing bowl of water as they exhaustingly pant in the shade after an exciting day.
- Bill’s Tavern & Brewhouse - 188 N Hemlock (503) 436-2202
- Driftwood Inn Restaurant - 179 Hemlock (503) 436-2439
- Ecola Seafoods - 208 N Spruce (503) 436-9130
- Fultano’s Pizza - 200 N Spruce (503) 436-9717
- Pizza a’Fetta - 231 N Hemlock (503) 436-0333
- Sleepy Monk Coffee Roasters - 1235 S Hemlock or 556 N Laurel Street (503) 436-2796
- Season’s Café – 255 N Hemlock (503) 436-1159
- Warren House Pub – 3301 S Hemlock (503) 436-1130
- Sweet Basil’s Café – 271 N Hemlock (503) 436-1539
- Local Grill & Scoop - 156 N Hemlock (503) 436-9551
- Cannon Beach Distillery – 255 N Hemlock (503) 436-0301
- The Wine Shack – 124 N Hemlock (503) 436-1100
- Cannon Beach Cafe – 1116 S Hemlock (503) 436-1392
- Lazy Susan – 126 N Hemlock (503) 436-2816
- Cannon Beach Public House - 1235 S Hemlock (503) 436-4086
- Tom’s Fish & Chips – 240 N Hemlock (503) 436-4301
- Mo’s Restaurant - 195 Warren Way, Tolovana Park (503) 436-1111