6 Reasons You Should Be Booking Direct (and Not On airbnb)
Published February 1, 2021
THE PROBLEM WITH ONLINE TRAVEL AGENCIES
Online travel agencies or OTAs, like airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, and Booking.com, have become popular tools for reserving accommodations, but it’s important for travel consumers to be aware that there are several key disadvantages, that likely outweigh the benefit, of booking your vacation rental through these third-party channels.
COVID-19 has fostered a whole new segment of vacation rental travelers, due to size, privacy, and guest control, but many of these new vacation renters don’t yet know that the best prices, the best properties, and the best local insight cannot be found on airbnb, VRBO or Booking.com, they’re found by booking direct with vacation rental companies, like Beachcomber Vacation Homes.
WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BOOK DIRECT
- Lower Fees - OTAs charge substantial fees to use their sites and that cost is passed off to the guest. Your rates don't show the hefty booking fees that third-party sites tact on.
- More Choices - Many of the best (and most exclusive) homes are not listed on OTA websites.
- Exclusive Discounts - Beachcomber Vacation Homes list special offers and discounts that cannot be found on the big websites.
- Easy Communication & Customization - Beachcomber Vacation Homes managers can customize or change reservations based on dates or budgets to fit guests' needs. If you're using an OTA and want to make any changes, you’ll often have to cancel a reservation and start all over again.
- Local Knowledge - Beachcomber Vacation Homes managers know the properties and the area better than anyone and can help match guests with homes based on what local attractions or activities they want to experience. By booking direct, you have a local expert to call for advice and recommendations.
- A Better Experience - Guests with special requests or needs can work directly with a Beachcomber Vacation Homes manager to curate a much more personalized vacation.